Using a suitable fabric paint, I painted DD's right foot and hand before printing them onto the bag. I did the same with DS but used his left hand and foot - I had hoped to put them side by side to make a pair but it didn't work out, as DD splodged her hand down before I could direct it! So we ended up making it a bit more free form ;)
With a fabric sparkly pen, I wrote Nanny at the top and then the date at the bottom of the bag.
When the paint was dry, I cut two "flower / scalloped" shapes out of different coloured felt, after drawing round a biscuit cutter to help guide me (oh yes, I'm all about using household items for craft when I can!) I used fabric glue to stick one on top of the other, at different angles. When the glue was dry, I sewed on two buttons, one on top of the other, and then sewed it onto the bag.
The kids were very proud of themselves for their part in helping make it, and I'm pretty sure Nanny loved it too!