Sunday 24 June 2012

Pizza Muffins




These are really easy to make and a great weekend lunch - my little guys loved them when I made them today.  I basically used up all the leftovers in my fridge - I just threw everything in - so you could easily adapt it to whatever you have.  You can see how my recipe differs to the link at the bottom - I couldn't find quinoa on its own at the supermarket, they only had a mixture of quinoa and bulgar but I think they turned out OK.  The only adjustment I would make next time is that I think I would make them a little smaller, perhaps using a mini muffin tray.

Ingredients (makes 10)
125g quinoa & bulgar wheat (cooked)
50g baby spinach leaves
150g mozarella, torn
Half red pepper
Half red onion
Few slices of pastrami
5 mushrooms, chopped & cooked in a little oil or butter
2 tbsp grated parmesan
2 eggs
Pinch each of oregano, basil & paprika

Method
Cook the quinoa / bulgar according to packet insructions (mine was 10 mins in boiling water), drain and put in a bowl.  Put all remaining ingredients except the eggs & the parmesan into a food processor & chop / mix together.  Add this mix to the quinoa bowl, and add in the eggs & parmesan.  Mix well.

Divide between the muffin tin, making sure you have oiled the "holes" very well - I can't stress this enough, mine stuck a bit too much!  Press each portion down on itself to compress.

Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees.

I got this idea from Joni Rae - thank you for the inspiration! 

No comments: