Thursday 24 May 2012

Left-over Lamb Pasties



 
I was racking my brain for a way to use my left-over lamb from the Sunday roast, and fashioned these.  I would probably add a little more yoghurt next time but they were pretty tasty!

Ingredients (makes 4)
Shortcrust pastry (I used half a packet as didn't have time to make my own that day)
Left over roast lamb (couldn't guess the weight of what I had but it was not much!)
Handful of peas, cooked
Natural plain yoghurt (2/3 tablespoons)
Mint sauce (1 teaspoon)
Egg, lightly beaten

Method
Whizz the lamb in the food processor so it shreds.  Mix the yoghurt & mint sauce in a bowl, and add the lamb and peas. 

Roll out the pastry and cut 4 circle shapes (I used a saucer to cut round, & found it was a good size).  Put 2/3 teaspoons of the lamb mixture into the middle of each circle and wet the edges with water before folding over in two.  The water will seal it together but I crimped with a fork for extra security.

Place on a baking tray and brush generously with the beaten egg.  Bake at 200 degrees for around 25-30 mins.

No comments: