Thursday 10 January 2013

Lamb Pasties

I'm sick of making curries using the left over meat from Sunday roasts so this week I made these with the left over lamb - DH loved them!





Ingredients (makes 5)
Shortcrust pastry (I used half a packet, i.e. one roll)
Left over roast lamb (probably around 200g)
Handful of peas, cooked
Natural plain yoghurt (3/4 tablespoons)
Mint sauce (1 teaspoon)
Egg, lightly beaten




Method
Whizz the lamb in the food processor so it shreds. Mix the yoghurt & mint sauce in a bowl, and add the lamb and peas.

Roll out the pastry and cut circle shapes (I used a saucer to cut round, & found it was a good size). Put 2/3 teaspoons of the lamb mixture into the middle of each circle and wet the edges with water before folding over in two. The water will seal it together but I crimped with a fork for extra security.

Place on a baking tray and brush generously with the beaten egg. Bake at 180 degrees for around 25-30 mins.

No comments: