Thursday 12 July 2012

Pasta & Rice Muffin Tray



DD loves this - its my "go to" if I need 15 minutes peace while I make dinner.  I keep meaning to make it a little better by dying the rice but never seem to find the time - she seems quite happy with this version anyway!



Just fill a muffin tin with different types of rice and pasta - I just use whatever I have in the cupboard at the time - leaving 2/3 spaces empty (she had already started moving things around by the time I took this shot!).  I give DD a couple of spoons and she happily scoops, pours and mixes until her heart is content. 

It's a little messy - the rice usually ends up on the floor - but easy to hoover up. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...i actually saw this activity of yours the other day and thought it would be a great idea to add to our muffin tin ideas but hadn't got there yet lol...i hadn't thought of using lots of different pasta and rice!Thought i had already commented on this post but seems i didn't....so sorry, i really loved it!They are great things for keeping them busy aren't they?!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jode. The simple things are the best, right?!